Recipe by Bolistoli
Simple orzo recipe, prepared like risotto. Original recipe by Pam Anderson, published in the Washington Post, June 7, 2000.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, drained and cut into 1/4- inch dice (jarred is fine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and orzo and cook until the orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, Parmesan cheese, red pepper and basil.
- Serve immediately.