Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really easy and fast for a great weeknight dinner for two. Can easily be cut in half for one or as a side dish. Substituted spinach for asparagus one time...it's a pretty forgiving dish.
- 236.59 ml orzo pasta, cooked and set aside
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 14.79 ml lemon pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml orange bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 226.79 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- Slice chicken into bite size portions, sprinkle with lemon pepper, refrigerate. (This can be done several hours in advance as a dry maranade.).
- Use 1 TBS of olive oil and sautee chicken, set aside.
- In large pan, cook garlic, peppers and asparagus in remaining olive oil for 2 minutes or until tender crips.
- Add chicken and basil, stir well for a few minutes.
- Add cooked orzo and bring back up to temperature.
Indeed, simple, quick, colourful and delicious. Orzo is not too common here, in the end I had to settle for risoni, much the same. A good supper dish, DH commented on how nice it was and he is often not too fond of risotto-like dishes, this, however, went down well. Thank you carolAnn, made for PAC Fall 2012