1/1 Photo of Orzo With Peppers and Asparagus
Really easy and fast for a great weeknight dinner for two. Can easily be cut in half for one or as a side dish. Substituted spinach for asparagus one time...it's a pretty forgiving dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml orzo pasta, cooked and set aside
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 14.79 ml lemon pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml orange bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 226.79 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 1Slice chicken into bite size portions, sprinkle with lemon pepper, refrigerate. (This can be done several hours in advance as a dry maranade.).
- 2Use 1 TBS of olive oil and sautee chicken, set aside.
- 3In large pan, cook garlic, peppers and asparagus in remaining olive oil for 2 minutes or until tender crips.
- 4Add chicken and basil, stir well for a few minutes.
- 5Add cooked orzo and bring back up to temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Peppers and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: