Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really good side dish from Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped (Italian bacon)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot (about 4)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Meanwhile, saute pancetta and chopped shallots in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, about 4 minutes. Add peas and 4 tablespoons chopped dill; stir to coat. Add chicken broth and boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add Sherry wine vinegar; boil 1 minute. Add orzo to skillet; stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to medium bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons of chopped dill. Serve warm or at room temperature.