Recipe by vrvrvr
A lovely side dish -- from "What's For Dinner" by Maryana Vollstedt. (Note: if you find your orzo sticking to the bottom of the pan after cooking, just remove from the burner and place on a hotpad with the lid on -- let it sit about 5 minutes, then stir.)
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Easy and tasty side dish! Was very creamy and would pair well with chicken. Really quite a pretty dish, too, with the fresh parsley. Thanks so much for posting this; will definitely make again!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions, including some tender green tops, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in orzo.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook covered until liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Add cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is melted.