1/1 Photo of Orzo With Parmesan Cheese
A lovely side dish -- from "What's For Dinner" by Maryana Vollstedt. (Note: if you find your orzo sticking to the bottom of the pan after cooking, just remove from the burner and place on a hotpad with the lid on -- let it sit about 5 minutes, then stir.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- 2Add onion and garlic, saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in orzo.
- 4Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and cook covered until liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- 6Add cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 330.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g