A great side dish and so simple to prepare. Recipe found on Allrecipes.
Make and share this Orzo with Parmesan and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you for posting my new favorite side dish! This was DELISH! DH and I both loved it. I did as another posted and added about 3 Tbsp diced onion and about 1 clove minced garlic before adding the pasta. I also only used 1 Tbsp butter (just trying to cut back where I can). Used fresh basil from the garden. Love the texture of this and the parm makes it extra extra creamy! This is definitely a keeper for us. Thanks for posting!
August 6, 2012 - Delicious and easy - will make again.<br/><br/>Updated: Made a few times and continues to be a winner. Even made it without the cheese (was out) and although it tasted different it was still yummy.
Oh my this is so good. Its such a simple recipe but the fresh basil really makes this dish. I will continue to make this through the summer. Thank you for sharing,.