Recipe by Marie
A great side dish and so simple to prepare. Recipe found on Allrecipes.
Top Review by Sky Hostess
Thank you for posting my new favorite side dish! This was DELISH! DH and I both loved it. I did as another posted and added about 3 Tbsp diced onion and about 1 clove minced garlic before adding the pasta. I also only used 1 Tbsp butter (just trying to cut back where I can). Used fresh basil from the garden. Love the texture of this and the parm makes it extra extra creamy! This is definitely a keeper for us. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.