Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced thin
- 3 canned whole tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage, leaes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 4 ounces italian Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pan; add in onion and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, another minute.
- Add in mushrooms; cook/stir, until the release their juices, 5-7 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and sage; cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook until al dente; drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
- Toss with the sauce, Fontina, and Parmesan; serve immediately.