1/4 Photos of Orzo with Mushrooms
A very tasty and easy side dish. My husband likes this topped with a grating for parmesan cheese. Toasted walnuts are also a nice touch for presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute onion and mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
- 3Pour in broth, and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in orzo, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- 5Simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 6If after 15 minutes there is still liquid, remove cover, and cook until liquid is gone.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo with Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g