1/4 Photos of Orzo with Mushrooms
A very tasty and easy side dish. My husband likes this topped with a grating for parmesan cheese. Toasted walnuts are also a nice touch for presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute onion and mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
- 3Pour in broth, and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in orzo, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- 5Simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 6If after 15 minutes there is still liquid, remove cover, and cook until liquid is gone.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo with Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g