Recipe by Oolala
From Welcome Wagon's Evening Gourmet, May, 1986. I think this would be nice with grilled lamb and I'm posting it for safe keeping. I haven't made it yet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mint, can use 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 6 cups water with 2 tablespoons salt to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo and cook it for 6-8 minutes and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the onions in the olive oil until they are limp and tender, stirring often. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and mint and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the orzo, parsley, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring 1-2 minutes or until orzo is heated through.
- Serve hot.