Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta side dish - Vegetarian Times
- 6 medium leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil. Add leeks and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and puree in blender with lemon juice, parsley and oil; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Ass asparagus to pasta water during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and asparagus and transfer to large bowl. Top with leek sauce and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Usually, DH doesn't like orzo, but with the addition of the lemon sauce and the asparagus, it was a hit. I made this as a side dish, but next time, it might turn out to be the main course!