- 6 medium leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil. Add leeks and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and puree in blender with lemon juice, parsley and oil; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Ass asparagus to pasta water during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and asparagus and transfer to large bowl. Top with leek sauce and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.