Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A deliciously simple side dish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-regiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, lightly chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, and generous pinch of salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- Pour broth into a 3 quart saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Boil until broth is reduced to 1 cup, 20-30 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add lemon-garlic mixture and whick in the butter one pice at a time. Keep warm.
- Cook the orzo in the boiling water until barely al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss with broth mixture. Add the Parmigiano-Regiano, the parsley and the thyme.
- Season to taste wtih salt and pepper and toss well. Serve immediately sprinkled with additional Parmigiano-regiano.
So, so delicious!
Obvious warning: read entire recipe before starting. You should start reducing the chicken broth way before you start boiling the water to cook the orzo. Otherwise, an awesome recipe that's easy and relatively quick. Will make again