1 hr 5 mins
A deliciously simple side dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-regiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, lightly chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine lemon juice, garlic, and generous pinch of salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- 3Pour broth into a 3 quart saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Boil until broth is reduced to 1 cup, 20-30 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add lemon-garlic mixture and whick in the butter one pice at a time. Keep warm.
- 4Cook the orzo in the boiling water until barely al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss with broth mixture. Add the Parmigiano-Regiano, the parsley and the thyme.
- 5Season to taste wtih salt and pepper and toss well. Serve immediately sprinkled with additional Parmigiano-regiano.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Lemon, Garlic, Parmigiano & Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.4 g