1/1 Photo of Orzo With Lemon and Parsley
Simple orzo recipe, prepared like risotto. Original recipe by Pam Anderson, published in the Washington Post, June 7, 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For a version that is not quite so rich, you may omit the Parmesan cheese.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- 3Add the salt and orzo and cook until the orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- 4Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice and parsley.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Lemon and Parsley
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 751.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g