Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bon Appetit. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Prepare barbeque on medium-high heat. Whisk 2 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar in small bowl. Brush zucchini and bell pepper with oil mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk pesto, lime juice, remaining 3 1/2 tablepoons oil and remaining 2 tablespoon vinegar in small bowl for pesto vinaigrette.
- Place shrimp in medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons pesto vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Grill zucchini and bell pepper until crisp tender, about 3 minutes per side for zucchini and 4 minutes per side for bell pepper. Transfer to work surface.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; grill until charred and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place shrimp in bowl with orzo.
- Chop zucchini and bell pepper; add to bowl with orzo.
- Add remaining vinaigrette, tomatoes, sliced basil, and mozzarella; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve cold or at room temperature.