1/1 Photo of Orzo with Everything
Jim Hartsell's Note:
I've had this for a while and don't remember where it came from. It goes well with summer grilling (fish, etc.). Prep time does not include cooling time for the orzo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta (about 10 ounces)
- 1/3 cup packed chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed chopped kalamata olive
- 1 cup finely chopped radicchio
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Cook orzo in boiling salted water until just tender.
- 2Drain well.
- 3In a large bowl toss orzo, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar and olives.
- 4Let stand until room temperature.
- 5Mix chopped radiccho, pine nuts, chopped basil, Parmesan and garlic into orzo mixture.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7(I find that the olives and tomatoes make further seasoning unnecessary, so taste first.) Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo with Everything
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 192.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g