Recipe by Bec
Orzo is so cool- pasta shaped like rice. I got this recipe in the newspaper just yesterday! Can't wait to give it a try!
Top Review by vrvrvr
Everyone enjoyed this! I added some butter and a little chicken stock for flavor and moisture. I'm also thinking it would be enhanced with toasted almonds added. It's a nice, lighter dinner that goes well with crunchy bread. Thanks for a new and different entree idea!
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 226.79 g orzo pasta
- 226.79 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1- inch pieces
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 828.06 ml shredded roasted chicken (1 whole 3 pound roasted chicken, skin and bones discarded)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package directions, adding green beans during last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta and green beans with corn mixture and chicken.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.