Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Orzo is so cool- pasta shaped like rice. I got this recipe in the newspaper just yesterday! Can't wait to give it a try!
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1- inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 1⁄2 cups shredded roasted chicken (1 whole 3 pound roasted chicken, skin and bones discarded)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package directions, adding green beans during last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta and green beans with corn mixture and chicken.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
Everyone enjoyed this! I added some butter and a little chicken stock for flavor and moisture. I'm also thinking it would be enhanced with toasted almonds added. It's a nice, lighter dinner that goes well with crunchy bread. Thanks for a new and different entree idea!
Super good it sounds good and it is a lot better then that. I brazed boneless chicken breast in a little wine and spices When the chicken was almost done I added the vegtables. I really liked the taste and texture of the Orzo.