From Cooking Light. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it got good reviews on the CL website!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Combine water and broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- 2Add chicken and pasta; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in peas, 1/4 cup cheese, salt, herbs, and pepper.
- 5Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Chicken and Asiago
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 243.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth