Recipe by MarieRynr
This is delicious. It was very easy to put together and tastes just like a hot Greek Salad. I got all the ingredients ready before I started to cook and it went together like clockwork. From the book, "Seasons in Thyme".
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup kalamat olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the orzo into a large stockpot of boiling water. Cook 8 minutes, or until almost tender. Add the broccoli and cook 2 minutes longer, or until the broccoli is tender crisp.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over mediumheat. Add the pine nuts and saute them until golden brown. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and saute about 30 seconds, or until aromatic. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the orzo and broccoli. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour the olive oil and pine nuts over and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, parmesan cheese and basil. Toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.