Recipe by Ms*Bindy
The title of this recipe is my attempt at calling it Orzo Delight, in Greek. Hopefully I'm not calling it something inappropriate!! This salad is a colorful orzo salad with a nice crunch. Try it; you'll be sure to enjoy!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo per package directions.
- Roast the red pepper:
- Quarter the pepper, remove stem and seeds. Broil the pepper skin side up until skins blisters and blackens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately put the pepper in a bowl, cover it with a lid or plastic wrap, and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard the charred skin.
- Chop the pepper.
- Combine the orzo, roasted red pepper, pistachios, green onions, olives, parsley and oregano in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Before serving, crumble 1/2 cup feta cheese over top of salad (or gently combine into salad if you prefer).