1/1 Photo of Orzo Stuffed Peppers
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 6 sweet bell peppers (red or yellow)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Pour the tomatoes into a large bowl and break apart using a pair of kitchen shears or your finger tips. Add the zucchini, mint, cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 3Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the orzo and cook for 4 minutes. The orzo should be only partially cooked. Use a fine mesh sieve to transfer the orzo to the large bowl with the other vegetables. Stir the orzo into the vegetable mix to combine. Transfer the warm chicken broth to a 3-quart baking dish.
- 4Slice the tops off the peppers and remove all ribs and seeds. Cut a very thin slice from the base to help the peppers stand up.
- 5Place the peppers in the baking dish with the warm chicken broth. Spoon the orzo mixture into the peppers. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle the top of each pepper with cheese and continue baking until the cheese is golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully transfer the orzo stuffed pepper to a serving plate.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 904.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese