Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although you can serve these peppers hot, they make a refreshing cold entree on hot summer evenings.
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped geen onion
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 4 sweet red peppers
- In a medium bowl, mix the orzo, tomatoes, spinach, green onions, fetamint and sour cream; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Slice the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the membranes and seeds. Stand peppers upright (if necessary, cut a small slice off the bottom so that they are stable). Divde the orzo mixture among the peppers. Place upriht in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Everyone loved this! My only change was to use fresh spinach and to halve the epeppers so that I had eight portions. We ate this hot as a side with grilled lamb. The leftovers (not much!) were consumed cold. We'll be making this again! Thanks!