Recipe by dicentra
I'm really into stuffed peppers right now.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Another very good stuffed pepper. I used fresh thyme about 1 1/2 teaspoons. I cut the top off but saved it to put back on as it baked. I only needed 4 of the 6 GAINT peppers that I had and divided the filling between them. I used 1 tablespoon olive oil in the baking dish not the chicken broth. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made for *My Three Chefs game* 2008 my Theme: *Stuffed Peppers*
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces reduced-fat provolone cheese, grated
- 6 red bell peppers
- 3 teaspoons dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan; add garlic, onion and celery. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, thyme parsley, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, and half of the provolone cheese.
- Cut tops off the peppers and remove seeds.
- Cut a small piece off the bottoms so peppers will stand upright.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into each pepper and set in baking dish.
- Sprinkle each pepper with 1/2 teaspoon bread crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining half of the provolone on top of the peppers.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups of broth around peppers. Bake 45 minutes until lightly browned on top and tender. Serve immediately.