Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another "clean the fridge" recipe but the ingredients are things that I think most people will have on hand. I enjoyed it and I hope you will too
- spray oil or Pam cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped (apprx 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (or less)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes (or less)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- salt & pepper
- Lightly spray a fry pan and brown the onions over medium heat, apprx 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, strir fry 2 minutes.
- Add Orzo, peas and carrots.
- Add chili, cilantro & Ketjap Manis.
- Mix well.
- Cook until heated through & serve.
This was just okay for me, but I didn't have any ketjap manis. I don't even know what that is. After sampling the finished product, I decided to add more cilantro since I love it and thought it would add some needed flavor.
Orzo is the closest thing I can get to rice for my hubby to eat.I used dry cilantro flakes.This is fast and good flavor. I added bonapetite McCormick seasoning which is salt, celery seed and garlic along with the cloves