Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not made this but I think it would be a different change from the traditional cornbread stuffing we eat at Thanksgiving time. This was exported from Mastercook. I found it on Recipe Source. (enough for 8-10 lb turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (both white & green parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and sugar; cook 4 minutes or until spinach is heated through.
- Bring chicken broth and water to boiling in a large saucepan.
- Add orzo, lemon rind and marjoram.
- Lower heat; simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, raisins, pine nuts and spinach mixture.
- Stuff turkey or chicken and roast.
- Or spoon stuffing into lightly buttered 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake covered, in a preheated moderate oven (375 degrees) for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover last 10 minutes for crusty top.