Recipe by ILuvRecipes
This is a quick, easy, one-pot meal in which I used Yves Spicy Italian Veggie Sausages. I'm sure you could sub ordinary Italian sausage if you wanted.
Top Review by Neilis
3/31/10 Yum.. Yum.. Yum, really easy to make and modify.. I did not add the Green Peppers. I used Sosmix for the sausage and I spiced the whole thing up by adding red pepper flakes when I added the tomatoes. I found it needed about 2 cups of fluid, I used vegetable stock for that. Be generous with any of the seasoning and VOILA a most EXCELLENT meal.. it's a keeper.. thank you for posting.
- 380 g spicy italian vegetarian sausages, Yves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausages into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and green pepper. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add sausage slices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sage and salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring often till most of the liquid is absorbed - about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and remove from heat. Cover and let stand till liquid is absorbed - 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese, if you like.