1/2 Photos of Orzo & Spicy Italian Veggie Sausage Medley
This is a quick, easy, one-pot meal in which I used Yves Spicy Italian Veggie Sausages. I'm sure you could sub ordinary Italian sausage if you wanted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice sausages into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 2Heat oil in a large pot.
- 3Add garlic, onion, carrot and green pepper. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add sausage slices and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with sage and salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- 7Stir in orzo and reduce heat to medium.
- 8Simmer uncovered, stirring often till most of the liquid is absorbed - about 10 minutes.
- 9Stir in broccoli and remove from heat. Cover and let stand till liquid is absorbed - 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo & Spicy Italian Veggie Sausage Medley
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1347.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: