Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Zuppa con Orzo, Parmigiano e Porri. From the Barilla website.
- 1⁄2 leek
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed parsley, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups domestic mushrooms, sliced
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (1/2 box)
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano, shaved
- SLICE leek in rings and sauté with butter in a skillet for a few minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- HEAT broth in a large pot.
- HEAT oil in a separate pot and sauté remaining leeks, parsley, celery, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the vegetables get a little mushy.
- ADD hot broth; season with salt and pepper. Boil mixture for 20 minutes.
- PROCESS 1 cup of soup in a blender until mixture reaches a smooth consistency. Add the pureed soup to the soup mixture.
- Increase cooking temperature to bring soup to a boil.
- STIR in Orzo cook according to package directions.
- ALLOW soup to rest ten minutes before transferring to individual bowls.
- GARNISH with leek rings and shaved Parmigiano cheese.
What a tasty soup--mild in flavor, but very delicious.