Recipe Courtesy of 101 Cookbooks. For some added flavor, or to take this soup in another direction, toss the tomatoes with somewhere between a teaspoon + of adobo sauce (from can of chipotles)....more or less depending on how spicy you like your food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the orzo and cook until just tender - about ten minutes.
- 3Stir in the chopped spinach.
- 4In the meantime, heat the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a separate saucepan. Taste, and salt a bit if needed.
- 5Just before serving, Slowly pour the egg whites into the soup, stirring quickly with a whisk. The whites should take on a raggy appearance.
- 6Taste and add more salt if needed.
- 7Serve the soup in individual bowls, with each serving topped with a generous spoonful of tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, and dusting of cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 1685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat orzo