Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This salad is an ideal summer supper or buffet offering---colorful, tasty, and easy to prepare.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced including green tops
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In large pot heat water to boiling, add orzo to water and cook until al dente: Drain: Rinse & set aside.
- In large bowl add shrimp, both bell peppers, green onions, & cilantro.
- In food processor make dressing by first pulsing garlic until it is finely minced.
- Add yogurt, salt and pepper, Dijon, sugar; pulse until smooth.
- Reserving half of dressing, pour half over shrimp & vegetables in bowl.
- Add orzo and parmesan, stir well, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Before serving stir in reserved half of dressing.
We loved everything about this salad. Will make it many more times. Thanks for posting.
The dressing is perfect; light and creamy. I can't eat peppers so substituted with celery and finely chopped sweet onion. No cilantro. I love the dish with orzo. Thanks for a great recipe.
Made this yesterday & turned out really nicely. I think cilantro tastes like soap so I tried using Italian parsley instead. I felt like it was missing a little something but can't quite put my finger on it - I'll make again next time and maybe throw in some dill. Still giving a 5 star rating because I can't deduct a star when I purposefully omitted something. With a tiny bit of tinkering this is definitely a keeper though :)