1/9 Photos of Orzo Shrimp Salad
Susie D's Note:
This salad is an ideal summer supper or buffet offering---colorful, tasty, and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced including green tops
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In large pot heat water to boiling, add orzo to water and cook until al dente: Drain: Rinse & set aside.
- 2In large bowl add shrimp, both bell peppers, green onions, & cilantro.
- 3In food processor make dressing by first pulsing garlic until it is finely minced.
- 4Add yogurt, salt and pepper, Dijon, sugar; pulse until smooth.
- 5Reserving half of dressing, pour half over shrimp & vegetables in bowl.
- 6Add orzo and parmesan, stir well, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 7Before serving stir in reserved half of dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 1067.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g