1/1 Photo of Orzo, Shrimp, and Pea Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
If you like herby casseroles, you may want to add a little oregano, thyme, or summer savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until almost crisp; drain on paper towels.
- 2Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of fat; add in scallions and garlic; stir/saute until softened and set aside.
- 3Crumble bacon.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 2 quart casserole and set aside.
- 5In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil; add in the orzo; decrease heat to low; cover, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 6Transfer the orzo to the casserole dish; add bacon, scallions and garlic, and ½ cup cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well.
- 7Add the shrimp and peas and stir gently just to mix the shrimp and peas into the orzo.
- 8Spread the sour cream evenly over the top; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 9Bake about 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo, Shrimp, and Pea Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 962.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g