Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from a Canadian Publication the "All You Need Is Cheese" magazine.
- 4 salmon, portions
- 4 cups cooked orzo pasta, cooled
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 lb havarti cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sealable container, add the oil, lime juice, zest and seasonings. Shake well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a non stick baking sheet, place the salmon portions.
- Baste the fish with some of the dressing.
- Place in heated oven and bake approximately 15-20 minutes.
- or until fish flakes.
- Meanwhile, put all the remaining ingredients (except the spinach) in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the dressing and mix well.
- When fish is done, add the spinach to the salad and toss.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and place a salmon portion on top of each serving.
Wow, this was wonderful! Perfect salad for a hot summer day. I didn't (and wouldn't) change a thing about this, all the flavors blend together perfectly! I made a 1/2 recipe of this as it's just for me, and I will probably get 6 servings out of it, so I am set for lunch for the week. Thanks Lori for a keeper :) Made for Holiday tag.
Exceptional. Really truly. One of those recipes that will become a highlight of 2009, in the top 10 faves. I didn't change one thing. I wish I could say something prolific, but all you need to know is that this recipe is prolific all on it's own two feet. Oh, for the love of Orzo. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009