Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a 2006 Bon Apetit recipe
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (7 ounce) package feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring broth to boil. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially, and boil until tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Transfer to large wide bowl, tossing until cool.
- Mix cherry tomatoes, feta, basil, and red onions into orzo. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pine nuts; toss. Serve at room temperature.
Thought this was really simple to pull together and tasted great just after making. Really looking forward to the cold leftovers. I did forget to add the pine nuts and although I am not missing them - think they would taste terrific in my next batch!