Recipe by Dancer^
Top Review by jenselover
Great recipe, with healthy ingredients, it was so yummy, even my 3 year old son liked it! I omitted the olives, (just because I don't care for them) and I mixed in feta cheese instead of the parm, still tasted great!! Great dish for parties.
- 6 cups cooked orzo pasta (2 cups uncooked)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 cups kalamata olives or 2 cups oil-cured olives, pitted and halved
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar into a food processor.
- Process well.
- Add oil, process briefly until well blended.
- Pour over orzo while pasta is still warm.
- Add tomatoes to pasta along with olives and chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Toss again and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use (can be made earlier in the day).
- Best served at room temperature.