Make and share this Orzo Salad With Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups cooked orzo pasta (2 cups uncooked)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 cups kalamata olives or 2 cups oil-cured olives, pitted and halved
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar into a food processor.
- Process well.
- Add oil, process briefly until well blended.
- Pour over orzo while pasta is still warm.
- Add tomatoes to pasta along with olives and chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Toss again and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use (can be made earlier in the day).
- Best served at room temperature.
Delicious! Followed the recipe except for using slightly less parsley. I will definitely make this again!
I made this as a side to take to a family Christmas dinner - everyone loved it and 2 people asked for the recipe. I think this would be great with oven roasted tomatoes if made in summer!
Easy and delicious. I made it 2 days ahead and put it in a large ziplock to put in a cooler on our boat. Worked out perfectly! Even my super-picky kids and hubby loved it! I subbed black olives for the green, basil for the parsley and omitted the cheese. I'll be making this again soon.