Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The rice-shaped pasta known as "orzo" is a favorite for salads. Here, it's topped with a low-fat yogurt dressing that's also delicious on grilled chicken or a green salad.
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon or 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can red salmon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup peeled and diced English cucumber (about 1/2 cucumber, regular cucumber works as a substitute, but the flavor is slightly different)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh dill, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook the orzo according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Transfer the orzo to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently with the dressing.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.