Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is good as a warm side dish or as a cold salad. Fast and easy
- 1 cup orzo pasta (or any small pasta shape)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spiced vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook orzo in plenty of boiling water with 1/2 tsp tumeric added for 8-10 minutes or al dente.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise then slice on the diagonal into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Place in a roasting pan, drizzle with a little oil,sprinkle with spices and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 30 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Mix orzo,carrots,currants,pinenuts,c8i and vinegar together well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment or cold as a salad.
Fed 2 adults and 1 toddler as a main dish on a hot summer's day. Very easy to make.