Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. January 2003.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups quartered mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta (about 2 cups cooked rice-shaped pasta)
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, edamame, and bell pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Place mushroom mixture in a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Discard bay leaf.
- Add pasta, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Tasty! This was good when first made, even better the second day!