1/1 Photo of Orzo Salad With Marinated Mushrooms and Edamame
Cooking Light. January 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups quartered mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta (about 2 cups cooked rice-shaped pasta)
- 1Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, edamame, and bell pepper; cook 1 minute.
- 3Place mushroom mixture in a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Discard bay leaf.
- 4Add pasta, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad With Marinated Mushrooms and Edamame
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar