Recipe by FlemishMinx
Tastes of the Mediterranean and perfect for a warm summer's day. May be used as a side dish or main course.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
This salad is packed with flavour. I did add some green onion and left out the nuts, oil and vinegar. I added the hot orzo to the rest of the ingredients and the feta became nice and soft. It was so good, there was none left after lunch. Thanks for the recipe.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, packed, then finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a 4 qt pot three-fourths full with salted water and bring to boil for orzo.
- In a small heavy skillet, heat 1/2 TBS olive oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and saute pine nuts, stirring frequently until golden, about 2 minutes; transfer nuts to paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle in remaining TBS olive oil, whisking all the while.
- Add tomatoes and feta to the dressing, tossing to combine.
- Cook orzo in boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse until just warm, then drain completely.
- Toss orzo and pine nuts with dressing, coating thoroughly, then serve.