Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The tiny pasta soaks up the vinaigrette as it stands. Ditalini or small shells also work.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Spoon half of dressing over pasta; toss to coat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining dressing, corn, tomato, onion, and basil to pasta; toss to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
Wonderful salad with grilled chicken; I included some drained black beans and a can of baby corn, halved, in it. Everyone liked it! Thanks for posting; will make again. :)
Very good -I followed the recipe exactly and then added about a cup of baby spinach. Great summer salad. Thanks for sharing!
This is excellent! I used a little more dressing (only because I made a mistake and added too much vinegar so had to make more dressing to compensate and then ended up using it all LOL) which it seemed to need so it was a happy accident. Otherwise followed the recipe, but doubled it to serve more for a cookout. Oh, I did use frozen corn, which I left out to thaw for a couple hours in a strainer. This is a lovely, fresh, summery salad which got lots of compliments. Thanks for the recipe Dancer!