Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The tiny pasta soaks up the vinaigrette as it stands. Ditalini or small shells also work.
Make and share this Orzo Salad With Corn, Tomatoes, & Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Spoon half of dressing over pasta; toss to coat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining dressing, corn, tomato, onion, and basil to pasta; toss to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
Wonderful salad with grilled chicken; I included some drained black beans and a can of baby corn, halved, in it. Everyone liked it! Thanks for posting; will make again. :)
Very good -I followed the recipe exactly and then added about a cup of baby spinach. Great summer salad. Thanks for sharing!
This is excellent! I used a little more dressing (only because I made a mistake and added too much vinegar so had to make more dressing to compensate and then ended up using it all LOL) which it seemed to need so it was a happy accident. Otherwise followed the recipe, but doubled it to serve more for a cookout. Oh, I did use frozen corn, which I left out to thaw for a couple hours in a strainer. This is a lovely, fresh, summery salad which got lots of compliments. Thanks for the recipe Dancer!