The tiny pasta soaks up the vinaigrette as it stands. Ditalini or small shells also work.
Make and share this Orzo Salad With Corn, Tomatoes, & Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Spoon half of dressing over pasta; toss to coat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining dressing, corn, tomato, onion, and basil to pasta; toss to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.