Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has become a favorite for summer. Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (1 lb) box orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 4 cups corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put 3/4 of the feta, 1/2 of the cucumbers, the oil and water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook the orzo as directed.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl with corn, olives, onions and parsley.
- Mix in dressing.
- Sprinkle with remaining feta.
This is a wonderful summer salad! We loved the cucumber/feta dressing....low in fat and a great delicate flavour. For next time I would add more green onions and parsley or other herbs, maybe more olives, but we also enjoyed it as written. This recipe makes a large bowl of salad, more like 12 servings than 6. Thank you, Gay.
this stuff is like candy to me. feta, cucumbers & olives are a great combo and the cucumber dressing is just delicious.