If you love Tabbouleh, you'll surely recognize this list of ingredients! This is a new take on an old favorite. Be sure to use a good olive oil. It goes great with grilled meats of any kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 scallions, including green tops, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse wih cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 2Combine with the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley and mint.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice iwth the salt and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- 4Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad - Middle Eastern Style
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 989.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g