Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love Tabbouleh, you'll surely recognize this list of ingredients! This is a new take on an old favorite. Be sure to use a good olive oil. It goes great with grilled meats of any kind.
- 3⁄4 lb orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 scallions, including green tops, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse wih cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Combine with the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice iwth the salt and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.