Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
For ZWT#6 From the booklet Simply Homemade. There is one ingredient that I cannot seem to put in the ingredient list, because zaar won't recognize and that is: the brand of pickles. It's called Bick's Mini Crunch'ems
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pickle
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring to a boil a pot of salted water. Add the water, and cook it until it is al dente, about 6-8 minutes. Drain and rinse the orzo pasta under cold water until it is at room temperature,.
- Place the orzo in a large serving bowl, and add all the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
What an easy salad to make. For personal preference I left out the salt, lemon juice and oil. This is a very flavourful salad and easy to make too. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this orzo salad to share with a friend for lunch. I easily halved all the ingredients to make a smaller salad. We liked it. I used olive oil instead of canola because I like the taste better. I enjoyed the taste of the fresh dill and was surprised by how well the pickles worked--i used cornichons from Trader Joe's. Thanks. Made for ZWT6 Zingo.
Nice salad, that really shouted with freshness! I loved the use of the cherry tomatoes here, and cut them in half using a plastic lid and serrated knife. The goodness with the pickles was interesting and good. Didn't use any salt because of the pickles, and feta. Great when it is really cold from the icebox. Yum!! Good! Made for ZWT 6 Zesties!