- 1 lb orzo pasta, dry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 19 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried currants (or cranberries or a combination of them both)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 English cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package instructions, drain and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice the cuke lengthwise, then slice it into 1/4-inch slices.
- Add chickpeas, cukes, diced peppers, green onions and currants or cranberries to orzo. Season with salt, pepper, vinegar and oil, mix to thoroughly incorporate ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Can be made up to 3 days ahead to this point. If preparing ahead refrigerate in a suitable container.