Recipe by Pets'R'us
Packed with flavor! All this salad needs is some good crusty bread to make it a complete summer meal. Also good without the tuna but then use less lemon juice. Fridge time not included.
Top Review by LaurelAnn
We loved this salad! Great in the summer - very light and refreshing on a hot day. Loved the tuna and egg in the salad as well - everything in one dish! I did add fresh basil, shredded carrots, and grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley (or a parsley and basil mix)
- 1 cup chopped green onions or 1 cup red onion
- 15 -20 ripe cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive (black or green, halved)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (chunks or flaked)
- 4 -6 hardboiled egg, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup thick plain yogurt
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo al dente according to packet directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again then transfer to a bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients except for the tuna and eggs.
- In a jar mix all the dressing ingredients and shake well, pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix together.
- Cover and place in the fridge so the flavors can develop, for at least one hour.
- Before serving add the rest of the dressing and the tuna, toss and garnish with the eggs.
- Alternatively serve the rest of the dressing in a small jug on the side.