1/3 Photos of Orzo Salad
Packed with flavor! All this salad needs is some good crusty bread to make it a complete summer meal. Also good without the tuna but then use less lemon juice. Fridge time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley (or a parsley and basil mix)
- 1 cup chopped green onions or 1 cup red onion
- 15 -20 ripe cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive (black or green, halved)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (chunks or flaked)
- 4 -6 hardboiled egg, quartered
- 1Cook orzo al dente according to packet directions.
- 2Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again then transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add all the salad ingredients except for the tuna and eggs.
- 4In a jar mix all the dressing ingredients and shake well, pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix together.
- 5Cover and place in the fridge so the flavors can develop, for at least one hour.
- 6Before serving add the rest of the dressing and the tuna, toss and garnish with the eggs.
- 7Alternatively serve the rest of the dressing in a small jug on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.2
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.4 mg
- Sodium 777.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 29.9 g