A recipe I found on Better Homes and Garden. Very good leftovers. Use the flavors you enjoy for spicing up the veggies, I prefer a spicier taste so I used cumin and cayenne. I have listed recommendations - if you find a spice that works well that's not listed, please let me know so I can add it to the list!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh and chopped
- spices, assorted (such as cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano, basil, parsley, whatever flavors you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces whole wheat orzo (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray. Place squash pieces inside. Season lightly. Cover and bake for 10 minutes.
- 2Take squash out of the oven and add mushrooms, onion, rosemary, oil and assorted spices. Toss together. Roast in oven, uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring once or twice.
- 3Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Cover and keep simmering. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add orzo and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until orzo is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of the broth to the orzo. Return to heat and stir frequently until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth to the orzo, 1/2 cup at a time, with orzo absorbing the broth before adding more. Cook and stir until orzo is tender and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- 5Add vegetables and walnuts to orzo and gently stir together. Sprinkle each serving with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Risotto With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 17.0 g