Recipe by *Petunia*
I got this from my Lipton Recipe Secrets cookbook. It's tasty!
Top Review by Musical Joy
Very fast and easy. Next time I will add some salt and pepper and a bit less milk. I used part milk and part half-n-half, and had to cook it for about 7 minutes for some of the liquid to boil off so it wasn't soupy. Served this as a side dish w/pork chops and a salad.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook garlic until almost golden.
- Add the orzo and stir until coated with butter.
- Stir in onion soup mix that has been blended with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes.
- Stir in milk and peas and simmer, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 4 cups.