- 1 (1 lb) box orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 2 ounces parmigiana parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water until barely al dente, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Transfer orzo to a 2 quart heavy saucepan and add stock, zest, thyme. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring constantly until stock is absorbed about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, butter, salt and pepper and serve immediately.