Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shallots, garlic,lemon, and orzo pasta instead of arborio rice make this a delicious risotto. From Bon Appetit.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups orzo pasta (rise-shaped pasta)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic. Saute until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add orzo; saute 5 minutes.
- Mix in 6 cups of boiling water and salt. Simmer uncovered until orzo is tender, liquid is absorbed, and risotto is creamy, stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix in thyume and lemon peel, then parsley.