This recipe is originally from Rachael Ray of the Food Network, but I have tweaked it to my taste. It is delicious and easy to prepare because it is all done in one skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- 2Add garlic, shallots, zucchini and carrots and saute for five minutes.
- 3Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Add orzo and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally until pasta absorbs the liquid and is al dente in texture, about ten minutes.
- 6Uncover and stir in cheese, parsley and peas.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 515.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g